A person can only eat so many traditional deli meat sandwiches in the office or at school. I always like to vary the lunches that I pack & sandwiches are usually the easiest.
This is an extremely flavorful combination for a tuna sandwich. If you don’t like tuna you could use these same base ingredients for a chicken or egg salad sandwich instead.
Ingredients: Makes 2 servings
+ Paprika & Optional: Cayenne pepper for spiciness
- 1 can solid white albacore tuna
- 1/4 c. shredded carrots
- 1/8 c. shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp Mayonaise made with olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Dave’s Killer Rye Bread (or a different slice of 100% whole wheat bread)
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp. all-natural guacamole or a few slices of avocado
- 1/8 c. sprouts or microgreens
- A few lettuce leaves (Spring mix includes the best deep green leaves)
- Optional: Cayenne pepper to taste for your desired spiciness
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Toast 1 slice of bread while you are shredding the carrots
- In a tupperware container mix together the tuna, shredded carrots, sunflower seeds & mayo
- Add paprika, sea salt, pepper & (if you like) cayenne pepper to taste
- Once the bread has toasted, coat it with guacamole & top with sprouts & lettuce
- Then top with half of the tuna mixture. Save the other half for tomorrow’s lunch
I always eat my sandwiches open-faced in order to limit the amount of bread/carbs I eat in a day. It is even more flavorful this way because all that bread isn’t in the way!
Enjoy your flavor-filled & protein-packed lunch!
Abundant Food for an Abundant LifeCarly