Countdown to Easter: 5 Days!
These muffins or my Healthy Blueberry Bran Muffin recipe would be great for an Easter brunch. They are both healthy, yet also satisfy a sweet tooth (for those who gave up sweets for lent)!
Ingredients: Yields 12 muffins
- 1 & 1/4 c. 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 c. wheat bran
- 1/2 c. oatmeal
- 1/4 c. all purpose white flour
- 3 Tbsp. Truvia natural sweetener (about 8 packets)
- 1/8 c. white sugar
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 & 1/4 c. 1% buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. banana slices
- 1/2 c. walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: Whole wheat flour, wheat bran, oatmeal, all purpose flour, Truvia, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda & salt
- In a smaller bowl, mix together wet ingredients: Buttermilk, eggs, canola oil & vanilla extract
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix to combine without lumps, but don’t overmix
- Gently fold bananas & 1/3 c. walnut pieces into the batter
- To save on oil, line the muffin pan with paper liners. Spoon the batter into the pan
- Fill cups up with a little less than a cm. to the top. Press the rest of the walnuts into batter
- Place in the oven, & bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until batter is cooked
There are endless variations for these muffins such as dark chocolate chips & dried cranberries, banana & walnut, pear & pecan, peach & brown sugar and whatever other fruit & nut combination you concoct! Let me know what ingredients you try.
Share with your family & friends!