So I must say, this smoothie can be a little dangerous because it’s sooo good! I definitely treat this as a special treat and wouldn’t have it on a regular basis. BUT there’s a few tricks to keep it a healthy & protein-packed smoothie.
- 1 Frozen banana (peel, divide into chunks & freeze)
- 3/4 c. Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 c. Plain greek yogurt
- 2 Espresso brew ice cubes (brew a pot of espresso roast coffee and pour into ice tray to freeze)
- 1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
- 6 nuts of your choice: I used almonds & walnuts
- 12 Dark chocolate (semi-sweet) chocolate chips or carob chips
- Prepare & portion all ingredients to be blended together
- Blend ingredients until smooth. Add more almond milk for a thinner texture
Enjoy this creamy smoothie in moderation. It’s the perfect protein-packed treat to satisfy a sweet tooth. This is also a smart substitution for a blended coffee drink, like a frappuccino, which would contain much more sugar and significantly less protein than this flavorful smoothie.