It’s Super Bowl Sunday tomorrow and everybody loves to snack on some fun finger foods during the game.
The Denver Broncos (from my hometown) are playing tomorrow, so a Super Bowl get-together is a must this year! Enjoy these healthy nachos while watching the Broncos bring their A-Game tomorrow!
- Flaxseed tortilla chips from Trader Joe’s or blue corn tortilla chips
- Reduced fat shredded 3-cheese-blend or monterey jack cheese
- Black beans
- Optional: Chicken or a lean cut of steak (such as top sirloin)
- Preheat the oven on Broil
- Line the tortilla chips out on a baking sheet covered with foil. Then add black beans
- Top the chips & beans with cheese and place in the oven to bake
- Broil for about 5-8 min. until the cheese is bubbling & slightly toasted and the chips are browned around the edges to your liking
Try making different variations of these nachos varying the cheese and meats. For tomorrow’s game, I am going to make a batch with Monterey Jack cheese, black beans & slices of top sirloin steak