For a traditional egg breakfast, poached is my favorite way to make eggs & it’s one of the healthiest because no oil is necessary to cook them.
Tip: Use rice vinegar in with the boiling water to harden the egg white & make it stick to the yoke
- 100% Whole Wheat bread, some of my fav’s: Trader Joe’s Pain Pascal loaf, Dave’s Power Seed Bread (at your local health food grocer & some supermarkets), 100% Whole Wheat Thomas English muffins
- 2 Eggs
- The Secret Ingredient: Rice vinegar/apple cider vinegar (any type of vinegar besides balsamic)
- All natural butter substitute (no preservatives) such as Earth Balance
To poach an egg on the stove:
- In a small pot, fill water up to about 1/3 of the way (plenty of water to cover the eggs when submerged)
- Place heat on high until water is boiling
- Turn heat down to medium-low
- Add a dash of vinegar into the water. This is a trick to help the whites harden and not fall apart from the yokes
- Crack eggs into the bubbling water
- For over-easy style (completely runny yokes) Let cook for about 3 minutes.
- Take a large slotted spoon & check if the egg white is hardened and the yoke is cooked
- Once the egg is cooked, transfer to a plate with toast
This is a great protein breakfast to get your day started off right! Try to eat as much of the whites as possible because that’s the part that contains the most nutrients & least fat.
Abundant Food for an Abundant LifeCarly