This dish is based off of the Chipotle burrito bowl. The burrito bowl at Chipotle is a healthy & fresh option because they offer brown rice rather than white rice. With this recipe, you can make your favorite burrito bowl at home.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Brown rice
- Black Beans
- Bell pepper (color of your choosing)
- Onion (type of your choosing)
- Minced garlic
- Salsa of your choosing
- Sea salt & pepper
- Cook the brown rice in a rice cooker or on the stove.
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized cubes, add a little salt & pepper, saute to cook until browned. Set aside
- Chop the bell pepper & onion into slices
- Saute the bell pepper & onion with minced garlic until browned
- Add the cooked brown rice to the veggies while microwaving the black beans. Mix together
- Add the cooked black beans & the sauteed chicken to the mixture
- If you made more than one serving, place the remainder in a tupperware container to be saved
- Then serve up 1-2 c. of the mixture for your serving
- Top with avocado & your favorite salsa
Don’t forget to vary the meats & veggies to create your favorite bowl!
Abundant Food for an Abundant LifeCarly