1 Day Till Thanksgiving!
Traditional cranberry sauce from a can is filled with sugar, artificial ingredients & preservatives. This recipe is a fun way to make a healthy version of the classic cranberry sauce yourself!
- 1 (16oz.) bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 small chopped apple
- 1 small chopped pear
- 1/4 c. chopped walnuts (or your favorite nut)
- 1/4 c. chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries (or cherries)
- 1/2. c. orange, juiced
- 1/4c. sugar
- 5 packets Truvia sweetener
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan combine bring 1 c. water to a boil
- Add cranberries and boil
- Add: Apple, pear, nuts, dried cranberries, orange juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar & Truvia
- Turn down & simmer for 10-15 minutes or until berries soft & mixture thickened; stir often
Serve to your guests or bring to a potluck as a sweet topping for anything on the Thanksgiving dinner table! As it goes for all of my recipes, you can make it your own by adding different types of fruits or nuts.
Abundant Food for an Abundant LifeCarly