2 Days Till Thanksgiving!
Before we embark on our Thanksgiving feasts, I wanted to provide some interesting and healthy ways to make use of all that leftover turkey you’ll have laying around. First up: The Turkey Salad Sandwich!
Ingredients: (2 servings)
- 1 c. chilled, diced leftover turkey
- 1/4 c. plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 c. (about 10) red grapes sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/4 c. chopped walnuts
- 1 chopped celery stalk
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves (optional)
- 2, 100% whole wheat, tortillas (I like the ones at Trader Joe’s that are whole wheat & olive oil)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. curry (key ingredient to this recipe)
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl combine turkey, greek yogurt, grapes, walnuts, celery, curry, salt & pepper
- Place the lettuce leaves on the open tortillas & add the turkey mixture on top
- Carefully fold the wrap & cut in half
This is an extremely simple recipe for lunch after Thanksgiving. You can make this turkey salad sandwich your own by using different types of nuts, spices, or bread. Let me know what your favorite ingredients to add would be!
Abundant Food for an Abundant LifeCarly