4 Days Till Thanksgiving!
This side dish incorporates the traditional autumn squash into a unique recipe. The fresh herb combination is delicious.
- 1 Medium butternut squash (about 2lbs.)
- 1/2 lb. carrots
- 1 sm. rutabaga
- 5 shallots
- 2 Tbsp. dill
- 3 stalks of italian parsley leaves
- Rosemary leaves from 2 sprigs (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Peel butternut squash & rutabaga with a carrot peeler, de-seed the squash, then cube the squash & rutabaga
- Slice carrots into 1/2 in thick pieces
- Cut shallots into four pieces
- In large bowl, combine veggies, olive oil, dill, parsley leaves, rosemary leaves, salt & pepper
- Transfer the mixture into an oven save dish, cover with foil
- Bake for 1 hr. & 30 min. or until the veggies are browned & tender, flip/stir every once & a while
- Broil at the end if necessary to brown the veggies
Enjoy & share this simple & delicious roasted vegetable recipe at a Thanksgiving potluck or your own family dinner! Your guests will love to see something unique & healthy on the dinner table.
Abundant Food for an Abundant LifeCarly