5 Days Till Thanksgiving!
This deviled egg recipe tastes better than the traditional mayonnaise-based deviled egg, yet is completely healthy and adds more protein. You can alter this recipe to make them sweeter or not so sweet depending on your tastes
- 8 Eggs
- 1/3 c. Plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 3 Green onions (chives)
- 1 Tbsp. relish (add more if you like sweeter, less if want more savory)
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard (add more if you like spicier/less sweet)
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Hard boil the eggs: Boil water in pot, drop eggs in carefully with a spoon, boil no more than 15 min.
- Once they are hard-boiled, carefully drain the hot water then run cold water over the top of the eggs (this makes them easier to peel). Peel the eggs
- Gently cut the eggs in half length-wise without cutting through the yokes, only evenly cutting through the egg whites
- Carefully remove the yokes from the whites & place them in a medium-sized bowl
- Add plain greek yogurt, relish, salt, pepper & paprika to the yokes
- Chop up only the green part of the green onion stalks, add into mixture
- Chop the celery stalk into tiny pieces. Whip everything together
- Spoon the yoke mixture into the egg whites
This deviled egg recipe is quick, easy & healthy. Great dish to contribute to a potluck, no one will notice the substitution of greek yogurt for mayo!
Abundant Food for an Abundant LifeCarly