8 Days until Thanksgiving!
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 package cubed prosciutto
- 1/2 c. raw pine nuts
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/8 c. gruyere cheese
- Sea salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Cut bottom of brussels sprouts stem off & discard; Divide brussels into 2-3 pieces
- Add olive oil, brussels sprouts, salt & pepper to large pan. Saute on medium-high until brown
- Add chopped shallot, minced garlic & 1/3 package (a handful of) cubed prosciutto
- Put oven on broil. Transfer brussels sprouts mixture into an oven safe container
- Grate gruyere cheese onto the top of the brussels sprouts. Cover & Broil for about 4 min.
- While broiling, roast pine nuts on the stove on medium-high until browned
- Once the cheese is melted on top of the brussels sprouts, add toasted pine nuts
Serve & enjoy knowing that you have made a healthy brussels sprouts recipe that everyone at your Thanksgiving potluck will rave about!
Abundant Food for an Abundant LifeCarly