One of my good friends, Sofia, is from Argentina and her family would have us over for their special Argentine barbecue. It was complete with empanadas, many different meats like steak and sausage, and best of all, a jar of their homemade chimichurri for dipping. I have craved it periodically ever since, I just never thought it would be this simple and tasty to make myself.
Chimichurri is one of the healthiest & tastiest way to flavor meat.
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 c. parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbs. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lemon wedge
- A dash of crushed red pepper
- Finely chop parsley & press the garlic cloves (or chop in a food processor)
- Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt & pepper in a mason jar or other sealable container
- Add in the parsley, garlic, oregano, lemon juice & crushed red pepper
- Close the container and shake
Serve in about 1 tbsp. servings on top of any meat such as a lean cut of beef, chicken, or pork.
Enjoy knowing that chimichurri is the healthiest way to top off your meats for flavor. Rather than using sauces and dips that are packed with sugar and fat, chimichurri doesn’t contain any sugar, and it contians good fats in the olive oil. The monounsaturated fatty acids in olive oil is healthy in moderation. It aids in digestion and helps regulate blood sugar levels.