This is one of my go-to lunch choices. I am always brainstorming interesting lunch ideas to take with me to school or work rather than the typical deli meat sandwich.
All you need is:
- 100% Whole Wheat bagel thins
- Light cream cheese (use about 2 tbsp)
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Butter lettuce or Romaine lettuce
- Vine-ripened tomatoes
- Sea Salt
- Cracked pepper
- While the bagel thin is toasting chop up your veggies
- Slather bagel thin with a little cream cheese
- Top it off with all the veggies
- Eat it open-faced at home or if you’re taking it on the go carefully put both sides together and cut it in half
- Store in aluminum foil so that the bagel thin doesn’t get soggy
Enjoy! This is such a tasty way to get those vegetables & leafy greens into your diet. All your co-workers or classmates will be drooling over your colorful lunch creation–share with your friends!